The Information we collect:
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Sites:
- Personal information, which is any information that exclusively identifies you (e.g., your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, credit card information amongst others) and
- Non-personal information, which is information that does not exclusively identify you but is related to you nonetheless such as, information about your interests, demographics (e.g., age, gender, zip code) and use of the Sites. We collect this information in the following ways:
DIRECTLY PROVIDED INFORMATION:
We may ask you to provide your personal information, demographic information or information about your preferences or interests when you:
- Register for an account on the Sites.
- Sign up to receive email newsletters from us.
- Make a purchase on the Sites.
- Enter for any contest.
- Participate in surveys or special promotions.
- Submit user-generated content on any part of the Sites that permit it.
- Knowingly volunteer information on any other part of the Sites (e.g., request for customer service, submit a job application).
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US
In addition to any information you provide directly to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect certain non-personal information when you interact with the Sites or emails sent to you, including the following:
We may collect certain information about your computer or other device that you use to access the Sites, including IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
We may log certain information about your use of the Sites (e.g., log files, a reading history of the pages you view, your search terms and search results) and additional “traffic data” (e.g., time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, referring website addresses).
Do Not Track Notice
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We do not respond to these “Do Not Track” signals. At this time, we do not track your personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites. We also do not authorize third parties to collect any personal information from you on the Sites for these purposes.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn about you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience with us. We may use your personal and non-personal information in the following ways:
- Provide you with the products and services you request.
- Post your user-generated content to our Sites as you request.
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our Sites.
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies.
- Send you newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by email or another medium.
- Personalize content and experiences on our Sites and within emails sent to you, including providing you recommendations based on your preferences.
- Serve you targeted advertising, both on our Sites and elsewhere online, based on information we previously collected from you, including your activity on the Sites or activity on third party sites and applications.
- Administer our loyalty programs.
- Administer contests, promotions, and surveys.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Sites and recipients of our emails, including browsing and purchasing patterns.
Security of Your Personal Information
Pearl takes reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal information. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, Pearl cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your personal information to our Sites at your own risk.
There may be instances when you receive a seemingly legitimate looking e-mail asking you’re your personal information from you such as your site login password and id or your credit card details. Pearl Shaving will never ask for such information from you via e-mil.
Such activities are usually carried on by unauthorized individuals and are illegal in nature. They are called phishing or identity theft. In case of any suspicion of such activity or on receiving such an e-mail you are certain was not sent by us or any of the sites affiliated to us, we advise you to not respond to such mail and to take whatever action you see fit.
Third Party Content and Links to Third Party Websites
Public Areas, Forums, Reviews, and Community Areas
Disputes may be referred to Arbitration at the choice of Pearl only, which shall then be governed as per the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
Notice to Non-India Users
How to Opt-Out or Correct Your Information
You may always opt-out of receiving future commercial emails and newsletters from Pearl. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the email you receive. You may also opt out of receiving further communications from us or correct your information by sending us a message at email@example.com. Please note that your request not to receive unsolicited commercial emails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial messages.
How to Contact Us